Irrigation Trouble? Don't Get Hosed!
Make sure your irrigation system waters your plants, grass, trees and all --- not your sidewalk, driveway, street or wall!
- Check all outdoor hoses, connectors, and spigots regularly. Repair leaks as necessary.
- Adjust sprinkler heads so they don't spray walls, driveways, or sidewalks.
- Spray your lawns with only as much water as the ground can absorb; areas with hard compacted soils may need to be watered in increments.
- Don't use a sprinkler meant to water a 15-foot area when an eight-foot sprinkler will do.
- Use the manual option to turn on your irrigation controller and then check for leaks and other water-wasting problems.
- Minimize evaporation by watering during the early morning hours when temperatures are cooler.
- Report significant water losses from broken pipes, open hydrants and errant sprinklers to the property owner or water provider.
Find a Pro
- Landscapers Certified by the Irrigation Association
- Find a Landscape Irrigation Professional who is Partnering with EPA's WaterSense Program - they have extra training in irrigation