Choose How You Use
Water, you use it every day. Please make wise choices this month.... and every month!
- Do one thing every day to save water. Every person can make a difference.
- Reduce your water use to help meet future needs. The result? cost savings, decreased energy use, and environmental preservation.
- Minimize the use of kitchen sink garbage disposals; they require a lot of water to operate properly.
- Do not pre-rinse dishes unless you need to. Most new dishwashers do not require pre-rinsing.
- When washing dishes by hand, do not let the water run. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water.
- Lead in practicing a water-wise lifestyle and your friends and family are likely to be influenced to do the same.
- Encourage local educators and government to help develop and promote a water conservation ethic among children and adults.
- Water, Use it Wisely 100+ Ways to Conserve
- EPA: Start Saving!
- EPA: Do's and Don'ts Around the Home
- Water Conservation Tips for Arizona Residents
- Nature is Speaking: Water (video)
Faucets and Showerheads