Choose How You Use
Water, you use it every day. Please make wise choices this month.... and every month!
- Do one thing every day to save water. Every person can make a difference.
- Reduce your water use to help meet future needs. The result? cost savings, decreased energy use, and environmental preservation.
- Minimize the use of kitchen sink garbage disposals; they require a lot of water to operate properly.
- Do not pre-rinse dishes unless you need to. Most new dishwashers do not require pre-rinsing.
- Don’t cook food in an excess of water. This will save water and keep more nutrients in the food. And use the proper pan size for cooking. Larger pans may require more water than actually needed
- When washing dishes by hand, do not let the water run. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water.
- Lead in practicing a water-wise lifestyle and your friends and family are likely to be influenced to do the same.
- Encourage local educators and government to help develop and promote a water conservation ethic among children and adults.
- Water, Use it Wisely 100+ Ways to Conserve
- EPA: Start Saving!
- EPA: Do's and Don'ts Around the Home
- Water Conservation Tips for Arizona Residents
- Nature is Speaking: Water (video)
Faucets and Showerheads