Dive Into Quality Water
Do your part in keeping Arizona's water clean and beautiful. Learn ways to be a good water steward.
- Use herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers sparingly. Use organic and more environmentally friendly products when possible.
- Contact your water company to request a copy of the annual water quality report (also known as a consumer confidence report) and find out how frequently your drinking water is tested.
- Dispose of medicines and household chemicals properly so they don't end up in the drinking water supply. Ask your local pharmacy about pharmaceutical take-back programs.
- Dispose of trash and pet waste properly so they aren't washed into storm drains where they may pollute washes and streams, and groundwater.
- Drinking Water and Your Health
- EPA: What Can You Do to Protect Drinking Water?
- Proper Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- EPA: Source Water Protection
- ADEQ: Water Quality Programs
- Tap into Quality - Arizona Water Association
- Water on Tap - What You Need to Know
- Arizona's Drinking Water Quality
- EPA: Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) as Pollutants
- ADEQ: Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) as Pollutants
- Prescription Drug Disposal
- Recycling Locator
- ADEQ: Surf Your Watershed