Do-It-Yourself types can get the information they need to plan, install and care for a xeriscape...and reduce their water bill!
- Before you begin, gather ideas, make a wish list, draw a plan and learn about your options. Observe and document the conditions of each location throughout the seasons before planting.
- Reduce or eliminate large or unused lawn areas; plan small areas of grass for recreational use or other functions.
- Select low water-use plants that are adapted to arid environments, and group plants according to their water needs.
- Plan, design and install an efficient irrigation system-- and adjust your watering schedule at last four times a year.
- The WaterSense Water-Smart Landscapes Guide
- Don't Just Stand There - Plant Something!
- Low Water Use Landscape Tips for Cochise County
- Water-Smart Landscape Guide
- Xeriscape: Landscaping with Style in the Arizona Desert
- Ten Reasons to Convert to Xeriscape
- How to Keep Your Landscape From Soaking You
Find a Pro
- Plants for Arizona's Low Desert: Online Search
- Rabbit Resistant Low-water Plants for Your Yard
- Drought-tolerant and Native Plants for the Verde Valley
- Low Water Plants for Cochise County
- Plants for Flagstaff and Other High Elevation Areas
- Arizona Native Plant Society Brochures
- Low Water Use Plant Buyers Guide for Central and Southern Arizona
Rainwater and Graywater