A Flood of Low Water Use Plants
Low water-use plants have unique features that help them survive and thrive in our arid state. Discover the best plants for your yard.
- Select plants that will grow best in your yard's microclimates, from sunny and hot to shady and cool.
- When shopping for low water-use plants, look for the following adaptations: small and/or tough leaves; pale-colored stems and leaves; waxy or hairy coverings; water-storing leaves, stems or roots.
- Consider each plant's mature size and place them where they have plenty of room to grow. Excessive pruning can shorten your plant's lifespan.
- Don't Just Stand There - Plant Something!
- Low Water Use Landscape Tips for Cochise County
- Xeriscape: Landscaping with Style in the Arizona Desert
- Ten Reasons to Convert to Xeriscape
- How to Keep Your Landscape From Soaking You
- Plants for Pools List
- Drought Tolerant and Low-water Use Plant List for Arizona
- Plants for Arizona's Low Desert: Online Search
- Rabbit Resistant Low-water Plants for Your Yard
- Drought Tolerant and Native Plants for the Verde Valley
- Low Water Plants for Cochise County
- Arizona Native Plant Society Brochures
- Low Water Use Plant Buyers Guide for Central and Southern Arizona