Does Your Grass Have Class?
Can't let go of the lawn? Use these resources to help maintain a healthy, attractive lawn without water waste.
- Water your lawn at night or in the early morning to keep evaporation at a minimum.
- Check with your county cooperative extension office about the best types of lawn grass for your area.
- Avoid over fertilizing. The application of fertilizers increases plant growth and the need for water. It is also a source of water pollution.
- Aerate lawns to better absorb water. Water only as rapidly as the soil can absorb the water.
- Adjust your mower so that grass isn't cut too short; longer grass uses less water.
- Desert Lawn Care Guide
- LAWNS: Chapter 12 of the Arizona Master Gardeners Manual
- University of Arizona: Turfgrass Research, Education and Extension
- AZMET Turf Watering Guidelines