Eye on Drought
Rain, sleet or snow --- drought in Arizona continues and stresses our water resources. Learn about the impacts of drought and how to get involved.
- During drought, reduce discretionary outdoor water uses, such as car washing or refilling pools and ornamental water features.
- Give trees a higher watering priority than other plants during drought. Trees are more difficult and costly to remove and replace.
- Learn about your region's drought status by checking monthly updates on Arizona's short-term drought status.
- To protect your home from wildfires (which are more common during drought), make sure that plants near the house are more widely-spaced and lower-growing than those farther away.
- Arizona Firewise Communities
- Arizona Drought Status Reports
- Drought Preparedness in Arizona
- National Drought Mitigation Center (NDMC)
- Arizona DroughtWatch
Supply and Demand