Find the Leak
From toilet dye to meter checks to phone apps, there are many ways to find and fix leaks!
- Ask your water company if they have information on how to find and fix leaks, and click on the resources tab for helpful information.
- Check all outdoor hoses, connectors, and spigots regularly. Repair leaks as necessary.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks. Repair or re- place as necessary.
- Put food coloring in the toilet tank. If, without flush- ing, the color appears in the bowl, there is a leak. Adjust or replace the flush valve and flapper as necessary.
- Check your water meter and bill to track water us- age. If usage increases substantially, check for leaks and/or adjust the irrigation system.
- Click on the "resources" tab for apps, videos, links and publications about finding and fixing leaks.
- Finding and Fixing Water Leaks - City of Prescott
- Drip Calculator: How Much Water is Wasted?
- How to Fix a Leaky Faucet - ehow.com
- How to Repair a Leaky Faucet - doityourself.com
- 10 Things You Must Know: Plumbing Leaks
- Smart Home Water Guide
- AZ All Service Plumbing
- EPA WaterSense Fix a Leak Tips
Your Water Meter